DINNOVATION™ CONTEST RULES
PLEASE REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THE CONTEST. MINORS MUST OBTAIN THE CONSENT OF THEIR PARENTS OR GUARDIANS BEFORE ENTERING THIS CONTEST. ENTRY TO THE CONTEST IS FREE AND NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Description of the Contest
Dinnovation™ is a dinnerware design competition that provides university students with an opportunity to showcase and share their designs with other tableware designers and experts in the industry. It seeks to honor students with innovative designs who are focused on designing dinnerware that is accessible, functional, sustainable or lifestyle enhancing.
The presenting sponsor of this Contest is Gaia Group USA, LLC, located at 2500 W. Higgins Road, Suite #1110, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169 (“Sponsor”).
To enter the contest, you must agree to these Official Rules (the “Rules”). Therefore, please read the following rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in the Rules, unless you agree to these Official Rules. These Official Rules form a binding legal agreement between you, and the Sponsor with respect to the Contest.
No purchase, payment, or donation of any kind is necessary to enter or win; a purchase, payment, or donation will not increase the chance of winning. By entering, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final. The Contest starts at 12:00 AM Central Time, November 1, 2018, and ends at 12:00 AM Central Time, January 31, 2018 (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59 PM Central Time, January 30, 2018.
Who Can Enter
- The Contest is intended for the United States only and will be evaluated according to United States law. Do not enter the Contest unless you are located in the United States at the time of entry and are a legal resident of the United States.
- To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be age 16 or older and enrolled in a public, or accredited private university that has been chosen by the Sponsor to participate in the Contest, and must be in compliance with the laws of the state in which the school resides. A maximum of one entry per Entrant is allowed. A group of Entrants may submit an entry but one Entrant should submit the entry only once with one person designated as the Entrant. If the Contest winner is under age 21, contest prize may be awarded to custodial parent(s) or legal guardian(s) pursuant to applicable law.
- Employees of Sponsor, their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members are ineligible. Sponsor’s agents and/or independent contractors and their immediate family members are also ineligible. The term “immediate family member” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
How to Enter
- Qualified entrants shall submit an Application Form, a Design Dossier PDF (the “Dossier”) uploaded to the Dinnovation Hightail account located here: https://spaces.hightail.com/uplink/dinnovation during the Contest Period.
- Each entry (hereinafter “Submission” or “Entry”) must be uploaded to: https://spaces.hightail.com/uplink/dinnovation Entrants will then submit an entry form at https://gaiadinnovation.com/submissions that indicates acceptance of these rules as well as the Application form, Dossier PDF as well as at least five (5) but no greater than ten (10) images from the Dossier.
- Each Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be profane, offensive, pornographic, defamatory or inappropriate as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission it deems to be not in keeping with Sponsor’s image or Sponsor’s image, profane, offensive, pornographic, defamatory, and/or inappropriate in sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Submissions must include one design category as outlined on https://gaiadinnovation.com/submissions To qualify for this Contest, all designs must be capable of being produced commercially.
- The person submitting the Entry will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant”). The Entrant is the one person who owns the email address associated with the Submission, except that an email address in the name of the parent or legal guardian of the otherwise eligible minor entering the submission will be permitted and the minor will be deemed the Entrant. If any group elects to collaborate on a Submission, they are required to designate one person as the Entrant who will be the agent of the group to enter the Contest, agree to the rules, and accept the prize(s). Sponsor, its affiliates, its program partners, and any others involved in the development and/or execution of this Contest shall not responsible for any disputes among collaborators related to the Contest.
- Each Entrant shall not to submit any Entry that infringes upon any third party proprietary rights, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violates applicable U.S. law. Entries violating this section of the rules SHALL be disqualified.
- Each Entrant is limited to a total of one (1) submission. Each Entrant is limited to one prize per person, household, and/or email address. Each Entrant and a parent or guardian will be required to sign a release and affidavit for the Contest entry and must agree to abide by these rules.
- Each Submission must be the original work of the Entrant. It may not have been entered in previous contests or for previous awards. However, an Entrant may submit a school project.
- Each Submission must comply with the guidelines outlined on https://gaiadinnovation.com/submissions Submissions must be in English.
- By entering, each Entrant hereby releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its program partners, owners, employees, attorneys and each of their subsidiaries and affiliates, and any others involved in the development and/or execution of this Contest, and the respective officers, owners, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the same from any and all claims, demands, losses, promises, causes of action, and liabilities arising out of this Contest including travel.
- Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with the Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content in Sponsor’s sole discretion will be disqualified, and/or not considered for prizes.
- By submitting an Entry, each Entrant agrees that Sponsor shall unconditionally and irrevocably own the Entry submitted including all rights embodied therein in winning entries and that the Sponsor and its designees may use, publish, adapt, modify, combine, or dispose of any Entry or Submission or elements there of any Entry or Submission online, in print, film, television, or any other media now or hereafter without additional compensation or notification to, or permission from, the Entrant, except as prohibited by law.
- Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries, printing errors; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction. All Submissions received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All Submissions become the property of the Sponsor and shall not be acknowledged or returned.
Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any participant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Official Rules, or the like, may result in the immediate elimination of the participant from the Contest. The Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, or violates U.S. or applicable state or local law.
- One (1) Entrant Grand Prize Winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected by a panel of judges chosen by Sponsor. All decisions of the judges are final and binding.
- The following criteria are what the judges will use to primarily evaluate each Entrant’s Entry: strength of concept, usability, aesthetics, supporting research, and product benefit.
- The winner will be notified on or around February 16, 2018. Each Entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules, and the decisions of the judges are final in all matters relating to this Contest.
- Each School will be judged by the quantity of original, qualifying Entry’s received by Sponsor.
- In the event of a tie following judging of the entries, judges will look to subsection (a) above and select the entry that most satisfies the mission criteria.
- One (1) Entrant Grand Prize Winner will be chosen. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a cash prize of $2,500 and an economy class flight to Chicago, Illinois to attend the Chicago Housewares Show with a two-night stay at a hotel chosen by the Sponsor.
- One (1) Second Prize Winner will be chosen and will receive a cash prize of $1,500.
- One (1) Third Prize Winner will be chosen and will receive a cash prize of $1,000.
- No substitutions for the prize will be allowed. Void where restricted or prohibited.
- Winners are solely responsible for all taxes and/or fees that may be incurred. All cash winners are required to verify proper and legal picture identification and Social Security number within thirty (30) days of notification of winning the cash prize. Winner may forfeit any and all cash winnings if verification cannot or has not been made within thirty (30) days. Upon proper verification, cash winnings will be awarded by check, and mailed to winner’s mailing address within seven (7) business days.
- The winner will be notified by phone and/or email and must show picture identification to claim their prize. Sponsor reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant and the Grand Prize Winner waives any and all claims of liability against Sponsor, and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss that may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete a release and affidavit prior to acceptance of any prize. If the Grand Prize Winner is a minor in their state of residence he/she will be required to have a parent or guardian complete the release and affidavit as required by applicable law.
- By claiming a prize, the Grand Prize Winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts; newspapers and other publications; television or film releases; slides; videotape; distribution over the Internet; and picture date storage) the Sponsor may deem appropriate.
- To obtain the name of the Grand Prize Winner of the Contest, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Attn: Stuart McFaul, 2500 W. Higgins Road, Suite #1110, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169.
- The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America and any applicable state laws, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. All claims rating in any manner to this Contest or to any Submission must be resolved in the federal or state courts in Chicago, Illinois.
- Sponsor is not liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
- By participating in the contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor personnel. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and their decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Sponsor and are final. Sponsor may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
- Sponsor reserves the right not to award any prizes if none of the entries received meet the stated contest criteria, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Sponsor take no responsibility and assume no liability for any omissions, acts or damages that may result from the preparing of materials to submit to this Contest. Sponsor stress that teen and other producers safely conduct their projects and avoid potentially dangerous products and materials that put Entrant or any other persons at risk. To assure the safety of participants, adult supervision is strongly encouraged.
Intellectual Property Rights
- By submitting any entry, entrants thereby grant to Sponsor and their affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted work (including the video and all aspects and elements thereof) or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. In addition to other things, the rights granted to Sponsor include, but are not limited to, the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted work. Notwithstanding anything contained herein, the parties agree that the foregoing is not a transfer of ownership in the Entrant’s intellectual property rights.
- By submitting an entry, entrants thereby represent and warrant that the submitted work or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and the entrants affirm they have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to MADD and/or the contest Sponsor herein, including but not limited to, all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Sponsor shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any work submitted by the entrant, and may, in their sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any work that the entrant submits.
Waiver of Liability and Agreement to Indemnify
By submitting any entry, each entrant, its, his, her or their heirs, successors and assigns (“Entrant”) thereby releases, forever discharges and covenants not to make a claim against or sue the Sponsor, and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, licensees, employees, officers, directors, representatives, INSURERS, ATTORNEYS, ADVISORS, successors and assigns (COLLECTIVELY THE “Sponsor”), of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent, which entrant may have or hereafter have against the Sponsor by reason of any injuries or damages entrant may sustain, whether to entrant’s person, property, reputation, or otherwise, as a result of, incident to, or related in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation or exploitation of the entry for any purpose described herein. Entrant waives and foregoes the right to seek injunctive relief against anyone relating in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation, or exploitation of the materials for any purpose described herein. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and expenses arising in connection with any breach or alleged breach by me of any representation made in the entry or by virtue of submitting the entry.